MACo offers many ways to save counties money.
Endorsement Program Partners
MACo partners with organizations who can offer discounted, in-demand services to county governments.
- American Fidelity - offers full term life insurance and supplemental benefits and assists Maryland public sector employers with managing the increasing costs, complexities, and time requirements related to employee benefit administration
- Nationwide Retirement Solutions - 457(b), 401(a), and Post-Employment Health Plans - comprehensive services incorporating investment, education, and administrative service solution for governmental employers
- NACo Live Healthy - Prescription - Health - Dental Discount Card Program - provides a free prescription discount card for NACo member counties to offer to their residents.
Facilitated County Trusts
MACo has also sponsored or facilitated trusts to meet the unique long-term funding needs of Maryland county governments:
- Local Government Insurance Trust (LGIT) - A non-profit Trust created, owned and governed by Maryland local governments and endorsed by MACo to provide various liability and property insurance coverages
- OPEB Trust - A vehicle designed to help local governments invest current funds toward future obligations for retiree health insurance, a.k.a. “other post-employment benefits”