August 18-21, 2021
Roland Powell Convention Center, Ocean City MD
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the world. All aspects of modern life have been affected – public health, of course, but also how we conduct business, educate our schoolchildren, and govern our communities. Some of these will return to “normal,” but some changes will be with us forever. The socio-economic impacts are still unfolding, but we can be certain – counties stood on the front lines of the pandemic and will lead the recovery. At this conference, MACo and county leaders will explore the local role in pandemic response and recovery – strategic planning, evolving service delivery, emergency communications, advancing technologies, and fiscal obstacles – all of which constitute the fabric of local leadership.
At this time, MACo is tentatively planning an in-person Summer Conference with reduced capacity and stringent safety protocol. The MACo Conference Planning Committee will re-evaluate this plan as needed. It is MACo's intention to offer a live in-person option and a recorded post-event option.
Contact Virginia White for more information.
- A list of discounted room rates will be available soon.
- Exhibitor details will be available soon
- MACo Corporate Partners will have first choice of booths
- 2020 Summer Conference Exhibitors who transferred their registration to 2021 will have second choice of booths
- If any booths are left available, they will be opened to the public
- PLEASE NOTE: due to safety precautions, the number of booths and booth staff will be SEVERELY limited
- Contact Leslie Velasco to be added to an announcement or waitlist