Annapolis Immersion Training
Every year, MACo offers an Annapolis Immersion training program to help county officials and advocates navigate the Maryland General Assembly Session.
Date/Time: December 15, 2023; 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Location: MACo Office - 169 Conduit St, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Registration is FREE for MACo Members (county elected and appointed officials and professionals).
- Non-members will be invited to attend with a $75 registration fee if the training is not full by December 10.
Non-members may email Amanda Grosskrueger to be put on the waitlist.
- Space is limited and the deadline to register is December 10, 2023, so please register today!
The training features segments on the following topics:
- Overview of the General Assembly Session and the Legislative Process
- What is MACo and its Role in the Legislative Process?
- The Fiscal Note Process
- The Bond Bill and Budget Hearing Process
- Tips on Testifying
- Walking Tour of the State Capitol, Senate, and House Buildings
These topics will be covered by MACo staff, experts from the Department of Legislative Services, and appropriate staff members from House or Senate Committees.
This training has a great mix of information for both seasoned officials and those new to participating in the General Assembly Session. It is appropriate for newly elected officials and new county staff members as an introductory course, but it is also a great refresher course for seasoned elected officials and staff.
Registration is free and is ONLY OPEN to MACo members (Maryland county elected and appointed officials and county professionals).
This event is a membership benefit for MACo Members – only Maryland county elected officials and county staff members are invited to attend. If space is available, other individuals may register for a fee. Please email Amanda to be added to the waitlist.